The Minister of Immigration has today announced the addition of 22 new professions to the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). The inclusion of these additional occupations brings the PMSOL to 41 occupations in total.
“The Morrison Government will continue to support Australian businesses, including through skilled migration, as the engine room of our nation’s economy,” Mr Hawke said.
Visa Holders who have been sponsored by an Australia business in a PMSOL occupation are granted exemptions to enter Australia but shall remain subject to quarantine arrangements at their own expense.
The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List Inclusions
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
Although the additional occupations being added to the PMSOL is a step forward on the road toward open borders, it is disappointing other in-demand trades have been overlooked. We continue to advocate for more occupations on this PMSOL list and work tirelessly with employers to continue to seek travel exemptions for occupations not given this PMSOL privilege.
If you would like to discuss the PMSOL occupations and available travel exemptions, please contact Susan Cayago, our Registered Migration Agent, to have a chat.