From Australia

08 9463 6624

From Philippines

0928 521 6347

Other Family Visas

Bringing your family together for short or longer stays are possible with Milestone.

Book RMA Consult

Other Family Visas

Australia recognises the need for family members to be together and the support family members require from their close relatives. The family migration scheme allows eligible people to sponsor their family members to join them in Australia on a temporary or permanent basis.

Both the sponsor and applicant will need to meet the eligibility criteria which varies depending on which visa you qualify for. There are a variety of different family visas and we recommend booking a consultation with our agent to determine the right visa for your family needs.



The parent visa stream allows parents of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens to apply for temporary or permanent visas for Australia.

There are various visa options for permanent migration – the “parent category”, the “aged parent” and the “contributory parent” (including “aged contributory parent”). The parent category is a lower cost/longer wait option while the contributory parent category is a higher cost/shorter wait option. Depending on individual circumstances, applicants may apply for parent visas from within Australia or offshore.

With the permanent visa options offering long visa waiting times, as well as high costs, the new temporary sponsored visa was launched in 2017 as an alternative. This visa allows parents of eligible Australian residents to spend more time with their families than the regular visitor visa program allows.


Aged Dependent Relative

You might be eligible for this visa if you are sponsored by a relative or their partner who lives in Australia, you do not have a spouse or de facto partner and meet the dependency and age requirements.

Your relative must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. You must have been dependent on the relative for at least 3 years before your application.

Remaining Relative

This visa allows someone outside Australia whose only near relatives are living in Australia to live in Australia as a permanent resident.

You must be the brother, sister or child (or step-relative to the same degree) of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. Your (and your partner’s) relatives in Australia must be your only near relatives. You must have someone who will provide an assurance of support.



You must be willing and able to give substantial, continuing assistance to an Australian relative (or a member of their family unit) who has a medical condition that is causing physical, intellectual or sensory impairment of their ability to attend to the practical aspects of daily life.

The need for assistance must be likely to continue for at least 2 years and the relative seeking care must show that they have no relatives in Australia who can provide the care as well as not being able to get the care from health services in Australia.

Milestone delivers professional and affordable migration services