Earlier today, Acting Minister for Immigration Alan Tudge announced a new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). This is a list of occupations that will be able to enter Australia to assist in the country’s COVID recovery.
Visa holders, who have been sponsored by an Australia business in a PMSOL occupation can request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions, but will be subject to a strict 14 days quarantine on arrival at their own expense.”
Labour market testing will still be required to be able to sponsor workers in these occupations. In this announcement, Minister Tudge also indicated that more requirements will be implemented for compliant Labour Market Testing. Details on this will be included in a seperate post.
The occupations currently available on the PMSOL are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
The media statement is available here.