More Skilled Occupations are now offered for the graduate stream! Recently, Western Australia has added more than 300 occupations to its Graduate occupation list (GOL) which will offer more opportunities to WA Graduates.
The updates made to the skilled migration program 2022-23 will provide international students graduating in WA with an easier pathway to permanent residency!
“The State Government is committed to encouraging the return of international students to WA to support our international education sector and address skills shortages in key industries,” Education and Training Minister Sue Ellery said.
The Western Australian Government may nominate candidates under two streams:
• General; or
Process for all candidates:
• Submit an Expression of Interest on the Department of Home Affairs’ SkillSelect database (homeaffairs.gov.au) and indicate whether the candidate is seeking either nomination from Western Australia or any state or territory.
• Meet the Department of Home Affairs’ eligibility requirements for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) or Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491).
• The points test pass mark is the Department of Home Affairs’ minimum number of points required to receive an invitation for a visa. The pass mark is currently 65 points.
Invitations to apply for the State nomination General and Graduate streams will be issued to those with the highest-ranking Expression of Interest by points score, subject to the required criteria.
Expressions of Interest will be prioritised as follows.
• Candidates residing in Western Australia will be given first priority.
• Candidates residing in the rest of Australia will be given second priority.
• Candidates residing outside of Australia will be given third priority.
Check this document to learn more about the 2022- 23 State nomination migration program process and requirements.
The information provided is for general use only and should NOT be taken as Migration Advice. For information about your circumstances, please contact Milestone Migration for immigration assistance.</mark/>